Community Impact Assessment Subcommittee Call for Posters for the TRB Annual Meeting!
The TRB Committees on Social and Economic Factors of Transportation (ADD20), Public Involvement (ADA 20) and Environmental Justice (ADD50) joint Community Impact Assessment Subcommittee invites all interested to submit applications for a poster display at the next TRB Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C., January 7-11, 2018. This year’s theme is “Transportation: Moving the Economy of the Future.”
Community impact assessment (CIA) is a process to evaluate the effects of a transportation action on a community and its quality of life. The purpose of the poster session is to showcase CIA research and projects that highlight innovative practice in transportation and that are focused on multi-modal considerations through the CIA process. Research relating to CIA topics may include access to health care, food access, mobility, economic, farmland, community cohesion, community safety/perception of safety, etc. in the context of multi-modal applications.
Poster topics may include but are not limited to issues such as:
◦ CIA Process and Methodology;
◦ CIA role in Livability and QOL;
◦ Application of CIA in Planning/NEPA/Organizational Integration;
◦ Impact Assessment topics including: economic, safety, land use, housing, health, mobility, socio-cultural issues, farmland, and multimodal;
◦ Innovative CIA tools and technology;
◦ CIAs for transportation economic investments funding for highways and bridges, bicycle and pedestrian routes, High Speed Rail, transit projects, freight studies, USDOT partnership or other projects;
◦ Socio-economic considerations related to transportation investments;
◦ Environmental justice;
◦ Outreach to low-income and other traditionally underserved populations;
◦ Limited English Proficiency outreach; and
◦ Outreach, education and research related to CIA
More information on the subcommittee activities can be found at
Please feel free to forward this Call for Posters to any interested colleagues.
Complete by September 15, 2017
We look forward to hearing from you!
TRACEÉ STRUM-GILLIAM, AICP
CIA POSTER SESSION CHAIR
CIA SUBCOMMITTEE CHAIR